Would you please tell me what your acts of worship are once you complete the obligatory prayer?
In the Name of Allah, the All-Beneficent, the All-Merciful.
May Allah bless Muhammad and his Family and damn their enemies.
Sheikh al-Habib recommends the following prayers of supplication to be recited after the daily prayers:
- Inna-l-Laha Wa Malā’ikatahu Yuşallūna Alá-n-Nabīy Yā Ayyuhā-l-Ladhīna Āmanū Şallū Alayhi Wa Sallimū Taslīmā. Allāhumma Ṣalli ‘Allā Muhammadi-w-Wa Aāli Muhammadin-it-Tāyyibeen-it-Tāhireen Wa ‘Ajil Farajahum Fi ‘Afiyati-m-minnā War-hamna Bihim Wal’an A’da Ahum
Indeed, Allah and His Angels bless the Prophet; O’ you who believe! Call for (Divine) blessings on him and salute him with a (becoming) salutation.
O’ Allah! Send Thy blessings on Muhammad and his Progeny, the good, the pure, hasten their relief while we are in good condition, and have mercy on us in their name, and Your damnations upon their enemies.
Perform the prostration of thanks giving and say “Shukra-l-Lil-Llah” at least three times.
• Recite “Allahu Akbar” 34 times, “Alhamdu-lil-Llah” 33 times and “Subhan Allah” 33 times. This Tasbeeh (remembrance) is among the highly recommended acts, known as the Tasbeeh of Zahra (peace be upon her).
• The following supplication is also highly recommended by Imam al-Sadiq (peace be upon him):
Al-Qawlu Minnī Fī Jamī’-il-Ashyā’i Qawlu ‘Āli Muhammadin Alaihumu-s-Salam Fī Mā Assarru Wa Mā A’lanu Wa Fī Mā Balaghanī ‘Anhum Wa Mā Lam Yablughnī
In all things I say, I am faithful to Ahl al-Bayt (peace be upon them), in what they have kept secret, and in what they have revealed, and in what has reached me of them, and in that which has not.
This supplication ‘completes the faith’ of the one who always recites it after every obligatory prayer, as Imam Abu Abdullah al-Sadiq (peace be upon him) said.
- It has been narrated that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his pure family) said that whoever recites the following supplication after every prayer shall be gathered together with Imam Hussain (peace be upon him) on the Resurrection Day:
Allāhumma Inni As’aluka Bi-Kalimatika Wa Ma’āqidi Arshik, Wa Sukkāni Samāwātika, Wa ‘Anbiyā’ika Wa Rusulik, An Tastajība-lī, Faqad Rahaqanī Min Amrī ‘Usrin, Fa As’aluka An Tuşalliya ‘Alā Muhammadi-w-Wa Aāli Muhammad, Wa An Taj’ala lī Min ‘Usrī Yusrā. Wal’an A’da’a Aāli Muhammad-im-Min al ‘Awwalīna Wal-‘Ākhirīn.
O’ Allah I beseech You, through Your words, and (in the Name) of the (Exalted) positions of Your throne, and through the inhabitants of Your Heavens, and Your Prophets and Messengers, that You may answer me, as indeed I have been constrained with difficulty in my affair. I beseech You to send blessings to Muhammad and his purified family and to ease my hardship. And (Allah) damn the enemies of the family of Muhammad; those of old and those of later times.
- Imam Abu Abdullah al-Sadiq (peace be upon him) said: Among our rights on our Shi’a is that they place their hands on their chin after the obligatory prayers and recite the following three times:
Yā Rabba Muhammad ‘Ajjil Faraja Aāli Muhammad, Yā Rabba Muhammad I’hfadh Ghaibata Muhmmad, Yā Rabba Muhammad Intaqim Li-bnati Muhammad.“ Then finish it by saying: “Wa Ṣalla-l-Llāhu ‘alā Sayyidina Muhammadi-w-Wa Aālihi-t-Tāhireen Wa La’natu-l-Llāhi ‘alā A’da Ihim Ajma’een.
O’ Lord of Muhammad, hasten the relief of the family of Muhammad, O’ Lord of Muhammad, protect the absence of Muhammad, O’ Lord of Muhammad, retaliate for the daughter of Muhammad.” Then finish it by saying: “May Allah send His blessings on our master, Muhammad, and his purified progeny, and His damnations upon all their enemies.
- Sheikh al-Kulayni (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated in his book, Al-Kafi, that Imam Abu Abdullah al-Sadiq (peace be upon him) used to curse four men and four women after each obligatory prayer by saying:
Allāhumma-l’an Aba Bakri-w-Wa Umara Wa Uthmana Wa Mu’awiyata Wa ‘Aisha-ta Wa Hafsa-ta Wa Hinda Wa Umm-al-Hakam
O’ Allah, may Your damnations be upon Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Mu’awiya, Aisha, Hafsa, Hind and Ummul Hakam.
There are numerous other recommended supplications reported in the books of supplications and prayers. Sheikh al-Habib recommends the following two books by the First Martyr, Sheikh Muhammad, son of Makki al-’Amili:
• Kitab al-Alfiya
• Kitab al-Nafliyah
May Allah the Most Exalted strengthen you in carrying out His commands and get you closer towards His pleasure in the name of Muhammad and his purified family (peace be upon them).
The Office of Sheikh al-Habib